Vino Populi - Wine for the Populus

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Vino de Espana

So cheap, good wine is like a woman who loves football. They're hard to find, and typically they end up disappointing you. But occasionally, you find a good one that sticks around. Wait, am I talking about wine or women now? I've even confused myself.

Protocolo White and Red. Both quite good. Both cheap. They're Spanish blends, and can be had for around 6-7 bucks a bottle. The red is a little less spicy than a tempranillo, but has a nice amount of body. Texture-wise, it's probably more like a merlot than a cab, but who am I kidding? If you put a blind fold on me, I'd probably say that Franzia blush was Opus One.

I had a party last weekend and both of the Protocolo wines were big hits. Not too controversial, but certainly not boring. Lots of it was consumed. It went well with bruschetta and salmon, although with the quantity that was being poured, we could have served Armor hot dogs and people would have been raving about the excellent pairing.







Learn more about wine the easy way! Try a wine kiosk! The Wine Kiosk is made by WineConnect, a Minnesota company. It's the best of the Wine Kiosks that I've seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home